Friday, March 28, 2008

Is Rusty still in the Navy?

Getting into rhythm. Setting the bar higher. Giving more than usual. Honestly answering honest questions. Taking advantage of opportunities. Understanding, but not accepting. Appreciating those who appreciate. All things I am looking to expand upon, effective as of now.

As a Chicago Bulls fan, this season can best be described as frustrating. I've made it out to a whole bunch of games this year (thanks to a "perhaps shady" contact), and enjoyed most of my time spent at the United Center. For anyone who has attended a Chicago Bulls game before, you know that half of the fun (more than half for some) is what's going on during time-outs and in between quarters, on the court and on the jumbo-tron. At a recent game, I had the pleasure of seeing this during every game break.



But I really shouldn't complain too much... there was that five minutes during the halftime show where the man-wall disappeared, only to return with one beer for each hand.

One more Bulls note. I woke up the other day, and did a double take when I glanced in the mirror. This really happened without any alteration of my hair.



It's a sign.

I also heard that Benny the Bull makes $200,000 a year. That is so awesome. He earns every cent.

Listening to a female pig-dog snore,
Mark

5 comments:

Madame Chartreuse said...

I'm saying! Benny is, hands down, THE best mascot in professional sports. You know I work at the UC (if you're on the 200 level come to the Chicago Stadium Club!) and Benny is awesomely entertaining.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain mark especially being someone who grew up in the micheal jordan era. and it just seems like the team just doesnt wanna win anymore :(. but i have always loved benny and the luvabulls the fat swlolling tummy's of tha matadors. its just simply badass lol. and dont be surprised the next show i come to a pair of chicago bulls horns come flying by you. :). love jim

Anonymous said...

$200 Grand a year?

duuuude,
you should take over Benny's position when he retires....you know, if that whole rocker deal doesn't work out. =]

Anonymous said...

You have a way with words, Mark. Good stuff, as usual.

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of seeing the Boston Beatdown Tuesday.

Benny did play a nasty April Fools joke by missing the rim on his half time trampoline dunk and acting like he broke his leg. He writhed on the floor in agony until a bunch of guys rushed out to help him. They rushed over and carried him out down a tunnel and the whole place was silent. A few seconds went by and he burst out of the tunnel with a sign over his head saying "April Fools."

I must admit, he got me.