Wednesday, February 6, 2008

(they might be) GIANTS!

"Best offense of all time"? I could see that. I can even agree with it. "Best team of all time"? Not a chance. I, like many others, loved watching the Patriots get knocked off of their collective high horses by the, underdog, Giants. I don't think you can lose the most important game of the season and still be considered for the "best team of all time".

Here's the thing... I am not a Giants fan. I did, however, root for the Giants five weeks in a row. My logic? I am a Chicago Bears fan. They are the only team I truly care about winning. My enemies are who I care about losing. So, by default, the team playing against my enemies is my next favorite team of the moment. The Patriots in Week 17? Dallas? GREEN BAY? The Patriots part deux? I wanted to see all of them lose.

On the topic of Superbowl Sunday... were the commercials lacking this year, or what? I think the competitive spirit has really died out in recent years. A couple chuckles here and there... but seriously, I've had about all the "it's funny because they are CGI animals... dancing!" for my entire lifetime. The "real dog lapping up water from his bowl" may have been the most attention grabbing commercial of the night.

Oh yeah, welcome to my new blog!

I'm keeping myself busy with new music, eating, sleeping & shoveling snow. I've also taken in a number of movies off of cable... for better or worse. I definitely DVR-d "The Princess Bride" and "Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird", both of which I am stoked to watch (hopefully with an awake or semi-awake E-Lo).

Thanks for all of the cover suggestions to everyone who hit me up last week. I've been doing some listening and experimenting. We'll see what lands right side up.

From a spinning office chair,
Mark

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I still have Follow That Bird on a VHS tape that my grandmother recorded when I was a very, very small child. The quality is awful but I refuse to get rid of it.

MARK ROSE said...

it's such a great movie. super grover is phenom! i'm glad you still have your VHS dubbed copy.

Unknown said...

Agreed on the commercials this year. A little lackluster by my standards. Funny how this year's game with the most watched Superbowl in history. You'd think those ad agencies would have pulled out all the stops this time around.

However, I did enjoy the godfather spoof by Audi and the Bridgestone commerical with Alice Cooper and Richard Simmons.

Hi Mark, it's Aubrey :)

Madame Chartreuse said...

Sweet, Markus.
I am excited for this regular peek into your brain! I haven't updated my blogspot in ages....

And I agree with you in regard to the Bowl opinions and feelings.

Woot.

Brewskis soon! Today!